CI of Suseong-gu
- The overall shape is that of a tile roof house, the traditional home of Korean families. Its roof-top shape represents the first consonant "ㅅ" in the title “수성구,” which is Korean for “Suseong-gu,” thereby symbolizing that Suseong-gu is a great place for people to live. .
- The blue curve represents the enterprising spirit of the residents of Suseong-gu, while the yellow color symbolizes a city that values youth and education. The blue suggests the pursuit of a pleasant environment and high quality of life.
Mascot of Suseong-gu
- Mulmangi is a character created to represent Suseong-gu. Its motif is based on Suseongmot Pond, which is a major location in Suseong-gu and a place where residents go to relax and recharge.
- The head of Mulmangi, which symbolizes the pleasant and pristine residential environment of Suseong-gu, was modeled after Yongjibong, a popular mountain in Suseong-gu, while its shape, which is similar to that of a Confucian scholar’s hat, embodies the image of a city that emphasizes education
- The name of the character, Mulmangi, is a compound word composed of mul (water), mang (hope), and i (suffix), creating an image that many people recognize and admire and implying the people’s strong commitment to realizing their hopes and dreams.
Bird, flower, and tree of Suseong-gu
Bird of Suseong- Heron
The heron symbolizes the elegance and integrity of the residents of Suseong-gu. There is a heron habitat in Gosan Palhyeon Village.
Flower of Suseong– Rose
The rose stands for beauty, passion, and innocence as well as Suseong-gu residents’ pride in their district.
Tree of Suseong- Maidenhair tree
The maidenhair tree represents long life and the solemn and tenacious spirit of the residents of Suseong-gu.